SanTan Brewing Company Celebrates 10 years of Arizona Beer Week festivities
It’s the hoppiest time of the year, Arizona Beer Week, celebrating 10 years of local craft beer and camaraderie. This year SanTan Brewing Company has teamed up with local breweries for multiple beer collaborations, food and beer pairing dinners, a bicycle brews cruise, a kickoff Happy Hour and more!
With over a dozen events planned, SanTan’s main feature is the Brewer’s Round Table featuring a Downtown Chandler collaboration brew called “Wee Heavy, Get In My Belly” – a Wee Heavy Scottish Ale. Brewed on January 16, 2020 at Flix Brewhouse in Downtown Chandler, the collaborating brewers include:
· Tim Caggiano - SanTan Brewing Company
· Derek “Doc” Osborne - Pedal Haus *soon to be opening in Downtown Chandler*
· Marisa Bernal - Flix Brewhouse
· Jake Hredzak - The Perch Pub & Brew
“We chose to create a Wee Heavy Scottish Ale for this collaboration. This style plays to a strength of our host brewer, Marisa; who has made award winning Scottish Ales at Flix Brewhouse, “ said Tim Caggiano, Brewer, SanTan Brewing Company, “Collaboration brews are super fun because everyone brings their own technique and I always learn something new.”
Fans will enjoy the first taste of “Wee Heavy, Get In My Belly” at the Arizona Strong Beer Fest on February 8, 2020. Each of the participating breweries will feature it on tap at their pub locations during beer week.
"Hanging out with other brewers is always a great time. Being able to collaborate with them is even better. Doc, Tim, and Jake all brought new knowledge for me to learn and incorporate in my future brew days,” Marisa Bernal, Head Brewer, Flix Brewhouse.
The collaboration beer will be tapped on Thursday, February 13, 2020 at SanTan Brewing Company’s annual Brewers Round Table dinner. This event features a four-course meal prepared by SanTan Brewing's culinary team and paired with beers from the Downtown Chandler collaboration team of brewers. Guests will enjoy a chance to ask questions and hear from the collaboration beer team. Tickets are required. $65 per person (gratuity included) + tax. Purchase tickets at www.santanbrewing.com/roundtable.
Each course will be paired with local Arizona beers. The dinner menu includes:
· Asparagus + Goat Cheese Ravioli- Spent Grain Pasta, Charred Asparagus, Chevre, Lemon Cream, Pecanwood Bacon, Chive + Garlic Micros
· Venison Mini Chimi- Venison Sirlon, Hatch Chile, Oxoaca, Cilantro Rice, Chile Con Queso, Pickled Red Onion, Avocado
· Lamb Chop - Herb Crusted Smoked Lamb, Mushroom + Brie Polenta, Beernaise, Charred Leek
· Wee Bit Of Bread Pudding- Wee Heavy Bread Pudding, Whiskey Fudge, Bing Cherry Compote, Vanilla Meringue, Burnt Orange
Other SanTan Beer Week event highlights include exclusive tappings at the Arizona Strong Beer Festival, Chimichanga Week at their neighborhood pubs, and a Valentine’s Day dinner. Learn more about SanTan Brewing Company events at www.santanbrewing.com/events.